Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My own mechanic

Yesterday I found out that I needed to replace the upper and lower ball joints in Sasquatch. That is what everyone calls my truck a 2001 F250 4x4. So I turned to my mechanic and asked what it would cost to do the job and looked at myself and said you know the usual. So I spent the bulk of the day running down parts and now after I post this I will get the mechanic to start on the project. Hopefully sometime tomorrow he (I) will be done and then take it down and get the front end re-aligned and we should be good for awhile. I guess this is what I mean when you do what you do to survive. I have a hard time sometimes diagnosing mechanical problems but I can fix most anything once I am told what is wrong. So I will save myself $300-$400 by doing this job myself. And that will help the coffers in repaying some loans and debts. I will try and post some pictures of the job if anyone is interested. So its off to the shop to be a mechanic now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment